Studies have shown that massage therapy helps reduce stress and muscle tension, but did you know that more and more it's being used to help relieve the symptoms and side effects of many health conditions and treatments - specifically cancer.
I specialize in Therapeutic Massages to promote wellness and help reduce the side effects from cancer treatments, post-surgical and chronic health conditions. I also offer traditional massage to relax and restore your body and reduce stress and tension.
Massage therapy can be an important part of your recovery and wellness plan. The many benefits of massage include:
- Stimulate your immune system by increasing lymph flow—the body's natural defense system
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as your body's natural painkiller
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving your circulation
- Reduce post surgery swelling
- Reduce fatigue and increase energy
- Improve sleep quality
- Lessen your stress and anxiety
- Relax and soften your tired and overused muscles
- Increase your joint flexibility
Services Personalized for You
My massages are personalized for each client. There is no "standard" routine. Some may need Oncology Massage or Lymphatic Drainage Massage and some may need stretching or cupping, or a combination of light and deep tissue massage. Every massage is based on how best to improve each client's general health and well being.